Monday, July 10, 2006

Sci-fi Expo

The Sci-fi Expo I wrote about previously was this past weekend. While it wasn't the extravaganza of last year (being a movie year,) it was still fun and packed with hot deals. I limited myself more than I should this year, mainly because of cost overruns on the deck we're building, but I got some cool stuff.

Apart from a few clone pilots for $8 a pop, I got some 25th Anniversary Deluxe figures for $5 a piece: Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Vader Final Duel, Han Solo & Chewbacca Death Star Escape, Luke Skywalker & Princess Leia Organa Swing To Freedom. Hasbro has said on a number of occassions that the Deluxe figures don't appeal to thier primary audience (kiddies,) so figures like these are a rareity. I appreciate the scupts for their display quality, but I really look forward to them realizing what they can do with these types of scuplts in the 7" Unleashed line.

No comments: